Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moving

Moving is exhausting and apparently pisses off your cats.

JD and I are unpacking in earnest, but we won't have a regular internet connection until sometime Monday.

People down here are much more forward than they are in Boston.  I get that it's being friendly, but after living in Boston for four years, where people are perfectly friendly if not outgoing, it seems almost rude.  Small cultural differences even inside the same country.

I am fairly certain there is literally nothing within safe walking distance of the apartment (safe meaning, I am not crossing a highway on foot, thanks).

Moving is always strange to me, and I always change some as a result of my surroundings.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forward how?

I'm so glad you guys arrived safely! We miss you already! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. :-)

Urban Earthworm said...

I am also looking forward to the adventures.

I always find the cutural differences within the US very interesting. We moved to The South about a year ago, and man has it been an adjustment. Some good, some bad, and in 2013 - we are outta here! To where? I have no idea.

Amanda said...

Oh, just very... talky? I don't know. It's hard to explain, but more asking my opinion on random everything under the sun.