Sunday, March 4, 2012

The cooking issue

I am not a great cook.  I wouldn't even call myself a good cook.  What I am, is a learning cook.  I enjoy it-- there's something almost magical about throwing boring plain ingredients together and coming up with something that smells, tastes, and maybe even looks, awesome.


I love cooking for people I love.  Part of it is, Oh hey!  cooking for just one seems like a waste of time!  But another part of it is that I like DOING things for people I care about.  I liek caring for them, I like the nurture aspect of things.  And hey, I love being taken care of too.  I like give and take, and feel that feeding people-- one of our most basic needs-- is a fantastic way to show appreciation for them as a person and appreciation for them in my life.  

No comments: